The Creativity Firestarter Online
Starts August 16th 2021
Is this you?
- You love craft activities but wish you felt more confident with colour
- Craft kits are your ‘go to’ projects because you lack the confidence to be more independent and experimental
- You’d like to explore some new creative ideas but don’t know where to start
- You’d like to explore some new creative ideas in a supportive, like minded group
- You often start new projects with enthusiasm but lose interest before the end
- Creative ‘play’ feels a bit silly but you’re still curious……
- You need a creative tool kit that you can dip in and out of with ease
- You’re fed up telling yourself you’re ‘not a creative person’
If so, you’re in the right place!
It’s time for a Creativity Firestarter - let me help you, we can ignite it together!
- Guide you through a series of short playful creative activities using a broad range of materials, techniques and processes
- Introduce you to simple design terminology giving you a broader vocabulary to discuss your ideas
- Demystify basic design principles including, colour theory, mark making, pattern and the use of line in your work
- Use simple, quick and inexpensive, methods and materials
- Encourage you to enjoy and value your own, and other people's work
- Provide you with a friendly, global community of like minded people all on their own curious journey
- Help you develop an inquisitive and productive mindset
- Be there to support you and aim to reply to all enquiries within 24 hours or less
- Challenge you!
WHAT YOU WILL GET ON THE COURSE
A minimum of 10 hours of detailed, easy to follow video tutorials, to guide you through every activity.
Comprehensive downloadable worksheets to help you organise your progress.
Optional private Community Forum for sharing, socialising and supporting others.
Audio files to keep you motivated, on task and inspired to complete at every stage.
Optional Live Zoom Q&A’s during the live course 16th – 20th August 2021.
Access to course material for 24 months after joining.
HOW WILL I ACCESS THE COURSE?
The course can be accessed through a password protected page on this website.
The course will be live between 16th and 20th August 2021 and you can join any time after 16th August.
Here’s what students are saying about my online courses:
“The videos, tutorials and instructions are absolutely spot on. YOU make the course Sue; your personality, creativity and authenticity. It’s like sitting with a friend in my living room. Thanks for the extraordinary effort and thought you’ve put in to such an inspiring course. It won’t be my last.”
“Thank you Sue for this incredible course. I’ve loved every bit of it.”
“I’ve loved making this project, it has been a joy.... Thank you Sue for this amazing course, it’s been a source of much inspiration, creative joy and happiness.”
“It has been a wondrous journey, winding through colour, new stitches and meeting such a friendly, helpful group of people along the way. Sue, you have enabled a small global community to share 6 months of sheer delight.”
“I’ve had so much fun..... You are an inspiring teacher and supportive coach.”
“Having to work remotely has created its own challenges but Sue is a brilliant teacher, she’s calm and encouraging, gets you out of trouble and is endlessly patient.”
A Brief Summary Of The Course
A TABULA RASA - Making Your Mark
A day of doodling, scribbling, line drawing and mark-making
COLOUR BY NUMBERS - It’s All in the Maths
A morning of hands-on colour theory and an afternoon of beautiful numbers
A MOODY MONTAGE - Working with Found Images and Tone Values
A day of painting, cutting and sticking as we explore mood boards, montages and the different qualities of colour
SCISSOR HAPPY - Paper Cuts
A day of cutting, collaging, layering and pattern creation
REFLECTIONS AND BRIDGES
A morning of selecting, editing, consolidating and reflecting. An afternoon of bridge building....
WHY LEARN WITH ME?
- I have 30 years’ experience (eeek!! THIRTY!!!) of teaching textiles and art and design and understand that everyone has a completely unique learning style
- I’ve taught at every age and every level including Degree level, Masters, Further Education, Adult Education and in a Steiner School.
- I can break complicated things down into easy to understand instructions.
- I don’t do upselling or affiliate marketing, I’ll just provide you with what you need to know.
- I don’t take myself too seriously and believe enjoyment and progress override perfection every time.
- If you’re reassured by qualifications; I have a degree in Knitwear Design, a Post graduate Diploma in Textiles, an MA in Textile Culture and a DTLL’s teaching qualification.
- I have a genuine passion and curiosity for a wide range of art and design disciplines (verging on the obsessive) and not just crochet!
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR & WHO IT’S NOT FOR
This is FOR you if:
- You’re prepared for a challenge and can commit to putting in the hours and effort required
- You take responsibility for your own success
- You have a curious and open mind
- You can support, respect and be kind to others
- You’ve read and agreed to the terms and conditions
- You can afford to do this course and buy the required materials
This course is NOT for you if:
- You find it hard to navigate a computer or the internet
- You have no wifi access
- You need 1:1 handholding and guidance
- You find it difficult being polite online
- You’re not prepared to try new things