The Creativity Firestarter Online
Is this you?
- You love craft activities but wish you felt more confident with colour
- Craft kits are your ‘go to’ projects because you lack the confidence to be more independent and experimental
- You’d like to explore some new creative ideas but don’t know where to start
- You’d like to explore some new creative ideas in a supportive, like minded group
- You often start new projects with enthusiasm but lose interest before the end
- Creative ‘play’ feels a bit silly but you’re still curious……
- You need a creative tool kit that you can dip in and out of with ease
- You’re fed up telling yourself you’re ‘not a creative person’
If so, you’re in the right place!
It’s time for a Creativity Firestarter - let me help you, we can ignite it together!
- Guide you through a series of short playful creative activities using a broad range of materials, techniques and processes
- Introduce you to simple design terminology giving you a broader vocabulary to discuss your ideas
- Demystify basic design principles including, colour theory, mark making, pattern and the use of line in your work
- Use simple, quick and inexpensive, methods and materials
- Encourage you to enjoy and value your own, and other people's work
- Provide you with a friendly, global community of like minded people all on their own curious journey
- Help you develop an inquisitive and productive mindset
- Be there to support you and aim to reply to all enquiries within 24 hours or less
- Challenge you!
WHAT YOU WILL GET ON THE COURSE
Detailed, easy to follow video tutorials, to guide you through every activity.
Comprehensive downloadable worksheets to help you organise your progress.
Optional private Community Forum for sharing, socialising and supporting others.
Audio files to keep you motivated, on task and inspired to complete at every stage.
Indefinite access to course material - for as long as my courses are online.
HOW WILL I ACCESS THE COURSE?
The course can be accessed through a password protected page on this website.
Course content will be released over 5 days.
Here’s what students are saying about this online course:
“The content is excellent, from the daily meditation to the well planned workshops. Sue has put together a thought provoking course, which helps you explore different techniques and develop skills. I'd highly recommend this course to anyone looking for some creative inspiration.”
“I have now completed two courses with Sue Maton from The Mercerie – Homage to the Granny Square and Creative Firestarter. Sue is a wonderful teacher. Sue’s step by step videos are clear and easy to follow. Her Firestarter course was wonderful - from the guided meditation to step by step processes for developing creativity. Sue’s courses are also affordable. I highly recommend Sue‘s courses and look forward to her next offering. Thanks so much!”
“There’s so much that I could say as I thoroughly enjoyed this course & it came at a good time for me. An excellent course to open up a creative soul & encouragement to explore & admire the results this freedom brings. Many thanks to Sue & everyone involved in such a professional & friendly production…I think that anyone & everyone should have a go at the Firestarter course…who knows what you will discover?!?!? Thanks again & best wishes.”
“I can highly recommend this course, I have enjoyed every aspect, it is planned out to the very last detail. You are encouraged to go at your own pace and enjoy the journey and there is no pressure because you have all course materials (indefinitely). It is spaced out so you have down time with motivational talks. Sue makes you think about things that we all take for granted and I really have learnt a lots of useful skills from these talks. Sue is amazing if you have any problems she is always able to help and I have found the zoom meetings a great help and found that most of my questions were answered here. When I first signed up I was worried that I wasn't up to it but with Sue's expert hand and wonderful pattern I have created a piece of art that I'm truly proud of. I'm so confident in the professional delivery of Sue's courses I have sighed up for the next one. Thank you Sue, you have brought me so much pleasure in what was at times quite a dark place for me.”
A Brief Summary Of The Course
A TABULA RASA - Making Your Mark
A day of doodling, scribbling, line drawing and mark-making
COLOUR BY NUMBERS - It’s All in the Maths
A morning of hands-on colour theory and an afternoon of beautiful numbers
A MOODY MONTAGE - Working with Found Images and Tone Values
A day of painting, cutting and sticking as we explore mood boards, montages and the different qualities of colour
SCISSOR HAPPY - Paper Cuts
A day of cutting, collaging, layering and pattern creation
REFLECTIONS AND BRIDGES
A morning of selecting, editing, consolidating and reflecting. An afternoon of bridge building....
WHY LEARN WITH ME?
- I have 30 years’ experience (eeek!! THIRTY!!!) of teaching textiles and art and design and understand that everyone has a completely unique learning style
- I’ve taught at every age and every level including Degree level, Masters, Further Education, Adult Education and in a Steiner School.
- I can break complicated things down into easy to understand instructions.
- I don’t do upselling or affiliate marketing, I’ll just provide you with what you need to know.
- I don’t take myself too seriously and believe enjoyment and progress override perfection every time.
- If you’re reassured by qualifications; I have a degree in Knitwear Design, a Post graduate Diploma in Textiles, an MA in Textile Culture and a DTLL’s teaching qualification.
- I have a genuine passion and curiosity for a wide range of art and design disciplines (verging on the obsessive) and not just crochet!
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR & WHO IT’S NOT FOR
This is FOR you if:
- You’re prepared for a challenge and can commit to putting in the hours and effort required
- You take responsibility for your own success
- You have a curious and open mind
- You can support, respect and be kind to others
- You’ve read and agreed to the terms and conditions
- You can afford to do this course and buy the required materials
This course is NOT for you if:
- You find it hard to navigate a computer or the internet
- You have no wifi access
- You need 1:1 handholding and guidance
- You find it difficult being polite online
- You’re not prepared to try new things
Book your place now
And ignite your creativity!
The Creativity Firestarter -
Gift This Course
Buy this course as a gift for someone
The Creativity Firestarter -
Get started today!
Priced with no hidden fees or upselling