Homage to the (Granny) Square Online
Starts October 1st 2021
- Is your crochet missing that elusive Wow Factor?
- Do you lose interest after that initial buzz of starting a new CROCHET project?
- Would you like to become better acquainted with your creative, intuitive soul?
- Are you bored of your favourite ‘go to’ colours and lack colour confidence?
- Do you miss learning with a supportive group?
- Do you want to develop your skills but find it difficult on your own?
- Do you tell yourself you’re not a creative person?
If you can answer YES to any of the above questions- you’re in the right place!
Homage to the (Granny) Square is the perfect course for you.
- Guide you slowly and carefully through 10 different granny squares, learning new stitches and building your skills as we go
- Help you make your own fabulous colour decisions that are guaranteed to look exquisitely beautiful, through a series of in-depth colour workshops
- Use multiple methods of teaching to suit all learning styles
- Help you stay on task through motivational audios and just being there to support you through the project
- Challenge you at every step!
- Provide you with a friendly, global, community of crafters all on the same curious journey
“The essential ingredients for creativity remain exactly the same for everybody: courage, enchantment, permission, persistence, trust—and those elements are universally accessible.”
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
WHAT YOU WILL GET ON THE COURSE
A minimum of 20 hours of detailed and close-up video tutorials to gently guide you through every single step, including choosing your colours.
Comprehensive, downloadable PDF’s including written instructions, stitch diagrams and colour illustrations to suit every learning style.
Optional Zoom Q&A sessions each month giving you direct access to me so you can ask questions, show your work and connect, live, with other makers from all over the world (these are not recorded).
Audio files to keep you motivated, on task and feeling inspired to complete at every stage.
Optional private Facebook page for sharing, socialising and supporting others.
Access to course materials for 12 months after the 6 month course.
HOW WILL I ACCESS THE COURSE?
The course can be accessed through a password protected page on this website.
You’ll have access to all the published course material for 12 months after the 6 month course.
Here’s what other students are saying about my online courses:
“The videos, tutorials and instructions are absolutely spot on. YOU make the course Sue; your personality, creativity and authenticity. It’s like sitting with a friend in my living room. Thanks for the extraordinary effort and thought you’ve put in to such an inspiring course. It won’t be my last.”
“Thank you Sue for this incredible course. I’ve loved every bit of it.”
“I’ve loved making this project, it has been a joy to see all the amazing blankets unfold in such a supportive group. I’m definitely going to miss the weekly pattern updates. Thank you Sue for this amazing course, it’s been a source of much inspiration, creative joy and happiness.”
“It has been a wondrous journey, winding through colour, new stitches and meeting such a friendly, helpful group of people along the way. Sue, you have enabled a small global community to share 6 months of sheer delight.”
“This was an amazingly presented course and a great way to enjoy new skills and crochet with enthusiasts around the globe.”
“I’ve had so much fun creating my blanket and learning to crochet. You are an inspiring teacher and supportive coach.”
“This is a very big undertaking and having to work remotely has created its own challenges but Sue is a brilliant teacher, she’s calm and encouraging, gets you out of trouble and is endlessly patient.”
WHY LEARN WITH ME?
- I have 30 years’ experience (eeek!! THIRTY!!!) of teaching textiles and art and design and understand that everyone has a completely unique learning style
- I’ve taught at every age and every level including Degree level, Masters, Further Education, Adult Education and in a Steiner School.
- I can break complicated things down into easy to understand instructions.
- I am immeasurably patient!!
- I don’t do upselling or affiliate marketing, I’ll just provide you with what you need to know.
- I don’t take myself too seriously and believe enjoyment and progress override perfection every time.
- If you’re reassured by qualifications; I have a degree in Knitwear Design, a Post graduate Diploma in Textiles, an MA in Textile Culture and a DTLL’s teaching qualification.
- I have a genuine passion and curiosity for a wide range of art and design disciplines (verging on the obsessive) and not just crochet!
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR & WHO IT’S NOT FOR
This is FOR you if:
- You can do the crochet basics – or you’re prepared to put in the extra hours to ‘learn on the job’
- You take responsibility for your own success
- You can support, respect and be kind to others
- You’ve read and agreed to the terms and conditions
- You can afford to do this course and buy the required materials
This course is NOT for you if:
- You can’t crochet and you’re looking for a ‘learn to crochet’ course
- You find it hard to navigate a computer or the internet.
- You have no wifi access
- You need 1:1 handholding and guidance
- You find it difficult being polite online
Because I offer live group Q&A’s as part of this course I will be restricting numbers. If you join the waitlist I’ll keep you informed of when bookings are open but places will be sold on a ‘first come’ basis and bookings will close as soon as the course is full.
Get on the Waitlist today!
And be the first to know when bookings open - please be assured you will not be added to any other mailing lists.
More From My Previous Students:
“I made steady progress and looked forward to each pattern update. The instructions were really clear and I'm very proud of my lovely blanket.”
Sharon Mulberry- Rookes
“To those on the fence (like I was): I signed up and started and it's my happy place. It's not a rigid course/how-to. It's so much deeper than that. I can see how these lessons I've already learned will be useful in other areas of my creative life. The lessons are there, absolutely, but one can always just go to YouTube to get a lesson. This is an invitation to learn and create and embrace beauty. Forgive me for gushing - I'm just so happy with my decision to sign up for this!”
Constance de Martino
“Sue’s workshops are master classes filled with so much wonderful content. Her approach is like no other I have ever experienced in any fiber-related course I’ve taken. They are so much more than blindly following a pattern. I’m so inspired by Sue and the community of other students — they become a virtual family”