Making wearable crochet GLORIOUS!
If you’re reading this the chances are you know me by now and we share some things in common:
• You enjoy the thrill of a creative leap of faith
• You’re prepared to take risks and enjoy new creative challenges
• You don’t need to see the destination to enjoy the journey
• You know the only way to succeed is to take that first step
• You’re ready to take that step……
In February 2022 I’ll be launching a brand new 12 week online crochet course - it’s my most challenging yet and I’m very excited about it!
GLORIA is a beautiful floral yoked crochet garment that will take your existing skills to new levels and reward you with an exquisitely beautiful and wearable work of art!
I’m currently still in the process of developing the pattern so I can’t share with you any images of the completed project yet – but here’s an ‘artists impression’.
• We’ll be working with Coop Knits Socks Yeah! 4ply in 7 colours,
4 x ‘Flower Colours’ and 3 ‘Background colours’.
• The garment requires approximately 15 skeins in total depending on the size you make.
11 skeins of the main Background colour and 1 skein of each of the other colours.
• More detailed information on yardage and sizing will be including in your Welcome email.
• The course will include full making instructions for 3 different sizes and information on how to customise the length of the body and sleeves, (download the FAQ sheet for more information on sizing).
Who is GLORIA for…..?
This course is for you if you:
- Are experienced at crochet and are looking for an ambitious new challenge
- Are looking for an inspiring crochet garment to make that will stretch your existing crochet skills
- Have an open and inquisitive mind, can take responsibility for your own progress and accept that crochet is never an exact science
- Enjoy learning with a group and would like to be part of a global crochet community
- Want to make something amazing but tell yourself you don’t have the technical skills
- Enjoy the process of making
This course is not for you if you:
- Are a beginner at crochet
- Need lots of 1-1 support
- Fret about small details
- Are over critical of your work - or other peoples'
- Are concerned more about the product than the process
Making beautiful craft products that stand the test of time can be intensive and challenging. There are no short cuts or guaranteed results and the success of your work relies on your own tenacity and hard work.
If you’re one of life’s ‘doers’ and enjoy immersing yourself in the process of making - this is the course for you!
What will I get on the course?
- Provide you with full instructions on how to make 3 different garment sizes (download the FAQ sheet for full details on sizing).
- Publish clear and detailed video instructions and downloadable PDF’s with written instructions, stitch diagrams and colour illustrations.
- Help you with your colour choices to ensure your version of GLORIA is utterly glorious!
- Guide you slowly and carefully through all the techniques and processes with direct access to me for help.
- Help you stay on task through motivational audios and just being there to support you throughout the whole project.
- Provide you with a friendly global private community where you can build meaningful connections with crafters all on the same curious journey.
Since launching my online crochet courses in September 2020 I’ve worked with hundreds of people to help them realise their crochet ambitions.
So – if you’re feeling brave why not take that leap of faith and be part of the very first online Gloria course with me.
Making wearable crochet GLORIOUS with this NEW crochet course for 2022
Here’s what people are saying about my online crochet courses
“For me Wallflowers started off as an interest in making a beautiful blanket I came across online with the hope I would also learn a few new skills along the way. I had no idea it would become this awesome journey of crochet, support, and inspiration.
Sue is an amazing teacher and creates a learning environment that is filled with joy and encouragement. Her well orchestrated videos and coordinating PDFs provide all the technical details necessary to complete each motif. Her choice of music combined with patient instructions enhances the experience.
This course has taken me on a journey that was nothing short of spectacular. I will be forever grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of a network of others that brought me so much enjoyment. Thank you so much Sue for creating this whole experience for us all. My completed blanket will be a constant reminder of this amazing course.”
“Thank you sooo much!!! I can’t begin to tell you how much I have thoroughly enjoyed your courses. You are such a wonderful teacher!! The videos are incredible and so well made!! I adore the music you use too!
You have a very special talent and I am so happy that I was able to finally be involved in your courses and the zoom meetings!! The pace for this course has been spot on for me too! I feel that you have balanced it out perfectly!!”
“ I would unconditionally recommend anyone to participate in HTTGS or Wallflowers. As a teacher of crochet Sue Maton is incredible. She offers an unparalleled opportunity to create heirloom pieces whatever your standard. There is something for every level.
Through HTTGS she is able to offer a learning experience whether you are a complete novice or an experienced hooker. Wallflowers takes this a step further with her unique design. As well as being a superb teacher of stitches and instructing in finishing techniques to make your work look beautifully professional, she offers her genius in colour combinations and blanket construction to all those who chose to learn with her. Her planning and attention to detail throughout her courses is phenomenal.
Each course has an extensive library of videos, paper based patterns, stitch diagrams and motivational audios. Providing perfect support materials to guide you through the work. Additionally learning with ‘The Mercerie’ is global. I have made lasting friendships and connections with like minded people all over the world.”